Listing Film Location Rental Tips
Create Film or Event Location Rental Profile Set Up
NOTE: FREE LISTINGS DO NOT DISPLAY ANY PHOTOS.
Welcome to FilmLocationsWanted.com. We are continuously striving to make the listing process convenient for users, however, please keep in mind we are gathering detailed information about your location to display to film production personnel. If you need assistance in creating a listing that will get the best results, please contact us.
QUICK STEPS – HOW TO POST YOUR LOCATION RENTAL PROPERTY
|Registered users gain access to ad management and profile sections of the web site (always accessible from home page of web site)|
HOW TO SET UP A LOCATION RENTAL WITH PHOTOS
- Login – You may be presented with your profile page upon first login, this is information is part of your listing contact information and about you. Please create a profile with contact and any notes about your property in order to be notified about production inquiries.
- Return to home page of web site (check the right hand area of the site to be sure you are logged in.)
- Click “Add Your Property”
- Follow instructions and purchase your photo package and listing duration. Continue to payment processing.
- Once payment is complete return to the home page of the web site, to be sure you are still logged in. Select Add Your Property again to begin the process of setting up your listing. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO SELECT THE CREDITS COLUMN (0) next to the package you purchased.
- Scroll down and select the CONTNUE BUTTON to gain access to your listing details and photos. BE SURE TO CLICK FINISH after your PREVIEW to complete your listing.
- As long as you are logged in, user’s have access their dashboard to manage listing and images.
Be sure you are logged in: To insure that you are logged in, the user name you created will appear at the top right of the web site along with a link to your dashboard where you can manage your listing once you have set it up. Dashboard access is available from the HOME PAGE of the web site.
- When you are ready to create your location profile, click on the link, “List Your Location Rental” at the top of the page.
- Once on the listing page, select the category your property will be listed under and check the circle (0) next to the location profile package you want in the CREDITS COLUMN. (IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A LISTING WITH PHOTOS) click continue and you will be presented with a page allowing you to add the details of your property. (IMPORTANT: If you pay using credit card option in lieu of PayPal, it generally takes minutes but may take up to 2 hours to get approved for listing.) You can contact us to expedite.
- When adding the details of your property be sure to include as much information about your location offering as possible while keeping in mind location scouts may be seeking one room, to an entire business or home. They may be interested in shooting the interior and or exterior, so it is suggested that your description be as detailed as possible in order to provide production personnel with everything they need to know in order to determine if your property will fit their needs. You can NEVER put too much information- the more details the better.
- Once your details are completed you will click the continue button to be presented with the next page to upload your images. Be sure to click the FINISH BUTTON to complete listing.
(TIP: If you have weak internet connection or your photos are large, you may want to place profile without photos to insure your computer does not freeze when uploading images which can cause you to loose all the details you entered.) TO AVOID THIS- Complete your listing preview and then select FINISH — Go back to the home page and select dashboard link under your user name to manage your listing and upload your photos. You can add images/mange listing through your dashboard located easily from the home page of the web site once the property is submitted.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR LOCATION PROFILE WITH PHOTOS PHOTO TIPS:
Click Here to read more about PHOTOS on your location listing
If you have any questions, need assistance with setup or uploading photos, contact us. We will be happy to help in any way to make sure your listing is the best it can be.
PHOTO TIPS: Wen creating your online location rental profile on FilmLocationsWanted.com, you need to keep in mind how to get the best out of your online listing.
Location profiles with photos not only get more views and inquiries, the photos can also be featured within our web site, in our marketing venues and on the home page.
The number one issue to keep in mind when displaying your property is that production personnel are under time constraints, they need to find the potential location(s) as soon as possible. We have had a number of scouts come to us in dire straits that need locations as soon as the next day and photos are the first ones they search. So the more materials you place on your property the faster they can decide if it will fit their needs.
Photos are the number one way to generate interest in your venue. Make sure your photos are crisp and clear and really represent what you have to offer.
Location scouts and production personnel are seeking locations to fit the needs of the script scenes whether it be a film documentary, television commercial or photo-shoot. Most often than not production personnel are under time constraints and need to acquire the locations as soon as possible.
The project may call for interior rooms, and or exterior shots. Perhaps they need a spooky looking or old abandoned home for a horror film, or a house in the suburbs for a contemporary film. Maybe they will need both. Maybe the script calls for a cabin in the woods, a restaurant or office building.
A full project will call for a number of locations. A small project maybe calls for 20 locales or less. It all depends on the story line.
As the location scouting process proceeds, the scouts will determine what type of location(s) they are looking for, then the search will begin. Another consideration when looking for locations is how much space or area is needed to support the cast, crew and equipment to include parking availability to accommodate vehicles and production equipment.
This is why if you’re offering a location rental you need to provide personnel with as much information about your property as possible.
Regardless if you have a business, home or unique location, the more details in your online profile will assist scouts in deciding if your location fits their needs.
When creating your profile it is most import to include as many clear photos as possible documenting the location.
Provide photos of the interior, exterior and any unique aspects. Include a description of the parking availability, the surrounding area, lodging close by and any other details that can help a scout with their job to seek the location venue(s) needed.
Cast and crew on a project can be small (around 4 or 5 people) to 25 or more depending on the scene(s) to be shot as well as the equipment needed.
So when creating your profile, the more information, the better. It makes the scout’s job easier. Creating an informative and appealing profile also increases your chances as the location owner in getting the project. NOTE: FilmLocationsWanted.com does not endorse any production company, it is the sole responsibility of the property location owner to engage all inquiries and negotiate the rates directly with the company who inquires about your property as a result of your online listing. We do not collect any commissions or fees.